What Steps Can I Take To Protect My Commercial Business From Frozen Pipe Damage in Moose Lake?
Our teams in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties often respond to property damage emergencies in the winter in Moose Lake. Here are some tips from the Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety for preventing commercial pipes from freezing this winter:
- Insulate and seal around attic penetrations such as partition walls, vents, plumbing stacks, and electric and mechanical chases
- Inspect and seal or repair all cracks, holes, leaks, windows, doors, and other openings on exterior walls with caulk or insulation to prevent cold air from penetrating the wall cavity
- Ensure your pipes in hard-to-reach places like attics, crawl spaces, and outside walls are insulated—wrap pipes and faucets in unheated or minimally heated areas of the building
- Make sure your existing freeze-protection devices and alarms are in good working order. Test freeze stats (low-temperature sensing device) and valves before the weather gets cold.
- Pipes leading to the exterior should be shut off and drained at the start of winter. If these exterior faucets do not have a shut-off valve inside the building, have one installed by a plumber.
- Hire a licensed fire protection specialist to conduct routine maintenance on your sprinkler system. Discuss the system’s exposure to winter weather and potential mitigation options.
Call Us Today!
Moose Lake businesses and residents know they can rely on the professionals in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties for property damage emergencies 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.