Christmas Tree Fire Safety Tips for Mountain Iron Families?
Our teams in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties wish everyone in Mountain Iron a safe and fire-damage-free winter holiday season. Here are some Christmas tree safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
PICKING THE TREE
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched
PLACING THE TREE
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2 inches from the base of the trunk
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents, or lights
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
LIGHTING THE TREE
- Use lights that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory, and some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read the manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed
Call Us Today!
We are Here to Help ® when you have a fire damage emergency in your home or commercial business in Mountain Iron. We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.