Halloween Party Decoration Fire in Hermantown Home?
Our teams in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties are trusted leaders in fire damage restoration in Hermantown. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), roughly 800 Halloween decoration fires are reported each year, and a candle started more than one-third of these. Here are some Halloween safety tips from the NFPA to help you have a fire-damage-free celebration:
- When choosing a costume, stay away from any long, trailing fabric. If your child is wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough so they can see out.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes
- Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns. If you use a real candle, use extreme caution.
- When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long, fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways, and yards.
Call Us Today!
When you need fire damage restoration services in Hermantown, our local team in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.