How Can I Protect My Business from Heavy Rain Damage in Aitkin?
Water damage can happen at any time, and rainwater intrusion is a common challenge for Aitkin businesses. Our Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties team mitigates and restores water damage using powerful, industrial-grade water extraction and drying equipment. Here are some tips from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety for protecting your business from heavy rain:
Follow these basic preventive maintenance steps to prevent leaks and ensure roof drainage systems will work properly to protect your business from rain throughout the year.
- Inspect and clean the roof drainage system at least twice a year, ideally during spring and fall. This includes all gutters, interior drains, and scuppers.
- Trim trees. Keep trees trimmed and away from the roof to prevent branches from rubbing against the roof and leaves from accumulating and clogging the drainage system
- Remove debris
- Remove loose objects and accumulated debris—including anything left by contractors—from the roof that could end up in the drainage system
- Also, check under and around all roof-mounted equipment, satellite dishes, antennas, and solar panels for debris that could disrupt the drainage system’s water flow or cause ponding
Call Us Today!
When your Aitkin commercial business has water damage, our Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties team will restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operatedThe National Fire Protection Association offers these tips for things to be aware of when booking peer-to-peer vacation rentals:
- Peer-to-peer hospitality services are not regulated in the same way as hotels
- Requirements vary across jurisdictions
- Do your homework before making a reservation
- Check online to see your travel destination’s regulations for rental properties
- Ask your host if the property meets the regulations
- Discuss other safety concerns you may have
- Check the forecast in case of storms that could cause power outages; assure the property has equipment in the event of a power outage
- Make sure there are working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms as required by law
- Make sure the owner has posted a floor plan noting escape route and emergency contact information
- All doors and windows that lead outside are able to be opened easily
Call Us Today!
When your Fort Walton Beach home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our team in Fort Walton Beach can respond 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.