Flooding Safety Tips for Hill City?
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has been restoring water damage for Hill City residents and businesses for years. Here are some tips for things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
When your Hill City home or business needs emergency water restoration services, SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.