Candle Safety Tips for Virginia?
Do you use candles during Halloween? SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties respond to fire damage emergencies often during the fall and winter months. According to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), candles are among the leading causes of United States home fires. Here are some candle safety tips from the NFPA:
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least 1 foot away from anything that can burn
- Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily
- Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
- Light candles carefully. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
- Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles.
When you need fire damage restoration services for your Virginia home or business, SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you. Call us today at 218-879-6141. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.