Thunderstorm Safety for Aitkin?
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year. Here are some lighting safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:
- Avoid isolated tall trees, hilltops, utility poles, cell phone towers, cranes, large equipment, ladders, scaffolding, or rooftops
- Avoid open areas, such as fields
- Never lie flat on the ground
- Retreat to dense areas of smaller trees that are surrounded by larger trees, or retreat to low-lying areas but watch for flooding
- Avoid water, and immediately get out of and away from bodies of water
- Avoid wiring, plumbing, and fencing. Stay away from all metal objects, equipment, and surfaces that can conduct electricity.
- Do not shelter in sheds, pavilions, tents, or covered porches as they do not provide adequate protection from lightning
- Seek fully enclosed, substantial buildings with wiring and plumbing. In modern buildings, the interior wiring and plumbing will act as an earth ground.
- A building is a safe shelter as long as you are not in contact with anything that can conduct electricity (e.g., electrical equipment or cords, plumbing fixtures, corded phones). Do not lean against concrete walls or floors (which may have metal bars inside).
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has a team of highly trained restoration technicians on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-879-6141. We’ll restore your storm damage in Aitkin, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.