Water Damage Timeline for Aitkin?
Water Damage Requires Fast Mitigation
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has been mitigating water damage for Aitkin residents for years and we know that a fast response time is critical to minimizing further damage. Here is a water damage timeline from our website that shows the damage water can do in a short period of time:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
When you have a water damage emergency in Aitkin, SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 218-879-6141.
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties is Independently Owned and Operated.