Home Heating Equipment Causes Fires in Aitkin?
Our teams in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties restore fire damage "Like it never even happened." Our technicians are highly trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industries. Here are some statistics from the National Fire Protection Association on heating equipment fires:
- Heating equipment is a leading cause of fires in U.S. homes. Local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 48,530 fires involving heating equipment each year in 2014-2018. These fires resulted in annual losses of 500 civilian deaths, 1,350 civilian injuries, and $1.1 billion in direct property damage.
- Heating equipment caused one in seven home structure fires (14%) that took place in 2014–2018 and 19% of home fire deaths
- The leading factor contributing to home heating fires (25%) was failure to clean, principally from solid-fueled heating equipment, primarily chimneys
- Over half (54%) of the home heating fire deaths were caused by having heating equipment too close to things that can burn, such as upholstered furniture, clothing, mattress, or bedding
- A vast majority of home heating fire deaths (81%) involved stationary or portable space heaters
- Nearly half (48%) of all home heating fires occurred in January, February, and December
Call Us Today!
Fire damage is more common during the winter months. When you have a fire damage emergency in your Aitkin home or business, our professionals in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.