Heavy Rain Causes Basement Flooding Issues in Hermantown Home?
When working correctly, sump pumps automatically begin pumping water out of a basement and away from the home’s foundation when the water level reaches a certain point. Our teams in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties want Hermantown families to avoid sump pump failures and flooded basements and offer this information from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety to keep your sump pump working correctly:
- Open the lid and remove debris that may be blocking the water inlet screen
- Pour about five gallons of water into the pump and watch the float valve rise
- As the float valve rises, the pump should turn on, and the water should discharge through the outlet pipe
- Go outside and inspect the outlet pipe
- Water should be flowing from the pipe and away from the home
- Contact a plumbing professional if the sump pump fails to operate during this inspection
- Install a battery backup system
- Choose a system with a battery replacement warning
- Replace batteries every two to three years
Call Us Today!
Our local team in Aitkin, Carlton, and West St. Louis Counties is Here to Help ® when your Hermantown home or commercial business has a storm or flooding emergency. We’ll restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.