Holiday Fire Prevention Tips for Aitkin?
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has been restoring fire damage for Aitkin residents and businesses for years. The National Fire Protection Association offers these tips for safe holidays:
- Test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your home fire escape plan
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles
- Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stovetop
- Ask smokers to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them so young children do not touch them.
- Provide large, deep ashtrays for smokers. Wet cigarette butts with water before discarding them.
- Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors
Call Us Today!
When your Aitkin home or business needs emergency fire restoration services, SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.