Storm Damage in Aitkin?
We get lots of storms and severe weather in Aitkin each year. Heavy winds blow trees over, storms compromise powerlines, and power outages result. SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties offers these tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for preparing for a power outage:
Take an inventory of the items you need that rely on electricity.
- Plan for batteries and other alternative power sources to meet your needs when the power goes out, such as a portable charger or power bank
- Have flashlights for every household member
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long battery backup will last
Know your medical needs.
- Talk to your medical provider about a power outage plan for medical devices powered by electricity and refrigerated medicines
- Find out how long medication can be stored at higher temperatures and get specific guidance for any medications that are critical for life
- Have enough nonperishable food and water
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed
- Use coolers with ice if necessary
- Monitor temperatures with a thermometer
- Throw out food if the temperature is 40 degrees or higher
When your home or business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. We’ll restore your storm damage in Aitkin, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.