Storm Emergency Kits in Hill City?
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties responds to storm damage emergencies. Storms are known to knock out power and prevent families from leaving their homes. It is always a good idea to have an emergency kit on hand for this eventuality. Here are some tips for building an emergency kit from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
FEMA suggests storing your items in airtight plastic bags and put your entire disaster supplies kit in one or two ways-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
- Water- one gallon per person per day for several days for drinking and sanitation
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio and a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers
- Manual can opener
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
- Prescription medications
- Non-prescription medications
- Prescription eyeglasses and contact lens solution
- Fire Extinguisher
SERVPRO® of Aitkin, Carlton & West St. Louis Counties has a team of storm restoration technicians on-call to respond to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Hill City. Call us today at 218-879-6141.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.